Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sleeping alone when you're married??

Well, that may sound weird, but according to this article on cnn.com, nearly 25 percent of married couples sleep in separate rooms of the house!

I can relate to some of the people interviewed in this article. Since I have been married, my left leg has spasms at random moments--it's the weirdest thing. My mother-in-law wondered if it was because of a low calcium intake, so I decided I would purchase supplements and take them before I go to sleep. Since then, my leg has unexpectedly kicked my husband much less than before!

Although other couples may have such issues at night or sleep-talkers, or whatever, I hope I never resort to sleeping in the opposite room of my husband. As the professional in article describes, it can be unhealthy for a couple to be separated. First, they separate rooms; second, friends. The list goes on, and in the end, it may be the relationship that is sacrificed.

My suggestion? Talk to a professional (or in my case--a mother-in-law) and find out what will fix the problem! No more bruises for my husband, and hopefully others will find their own cure as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/09/12/lw.sleep.alone.when.married/index.html

(As a little side note that somewhat relates to the article above, here is something for a laugh! What is this world coming to?!)

No comments: