The article I found on CNN.com was about not procrastinating your exercise habits--something I definitely need to look into.
Because of our short-term desires, we tend to forsake our long term goals. According to the survey in the article, exercising and starting a diet was at the bottom of the surveyed list when it came to procrastination. I, too, fall into the category of being the type of person who does homework instead of going to the gym, or going out to eat instead of eating healthier at home. I find it much too difficult to pack a lunch when I am gone all day long than to just grab something through a drive-through window. However, after reading the three simple strategies given in the article, maybe I'll stop the bad habits that I have.
The most helpful thing would probably finding a friend to work out with. My husband doesn't like the gym, and I don't like running outside. Not only that, but I enjoy exercising at night, whereas he would rather exercise in the morning. Well, it looks like if I want to have company at the gym, I better look elsewhere! So, here is my goal--find a friend to go to the gym with twice a week. Now that it's in writing...wish me luck.
For your own motivation, read the article yourself at http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/10/28/o.beat.procrastination/index.html
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment